Now that you are engaged, it is time to start thinking about what you want your wedding celebration to look like. Just like every couple is different, so too, is every wedding, and should be custom tailored to your wants, needs and desires. Whether it is an intimate elopement or a week-long celebration with 150 of your closest friends and family, Unique Events in Tuscany can help create your perfectly personalized event.
The process begins with an initial consultation where we talk about why you have chosen Tuscany, your vision for the ceremony and events and we discuss your budget. After this first consultation, I will create a customized proposal, which we will go over in detail. Moving forward, the planning will start in the fashion that best suits your schedule, personality and overall needs.
Firstly, we’ll discuss the type of ceremony, the kinds of venues you are drawn to and narrow down the location. Secondly, we’ll create a mood board for flowers and décor, begin to discuss various vendors (from caterers and florists to photographers and entertainment). And of course, we’ll work more on the budget! No matter your vision, I will provide you with solutions tailor-made to you – from start to finish. Nothing prepackaged!
WHAT IS A BESPOKE WEDDING?
While the term “bespoke” may be new to your vocabulary, the concept is not. A bespoke wedding is simply a custom designed wedding. There is no “one size fits all” approach to planning your wedding, especially a destination wedding in Tuscany! Having someone to guide you through the planning process will help you create the bespoke wedding of your dreams. I view the opportunity to work with couples as the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
We will meet regularly so that I can listen and understand all aspects of your needs and discuss the options before us. We will go over every detail to make sure that every aspect of the procedure is clear and transparent. Our goal is to help you plan the wedding on your dreams!
HOW TO PLAN A BESPOKE WEDDING IN TUSCANY?
The first and biggest decision you will have, is exactly what kind of help you will need from your wedding planner. Your needs will be dramatically different if you are planning a large and elaborate ceremony versus an intimate elopement. Unique Events in Tuscany can help you create the perfect celebration that is custom designed to your needs. For example, I offer the following wedding planning packages.
FULL WEDDING PLANNING
The “Full Wedding Package” is perfect for couples who want a professional Wedding Planner by their side every step of the way to assist with budget management, vendor bookings, and creative design executions. As your wedding planner in Tuscany, I will do all the leg work for you, effectively saving you time and money with my professional contacts and expertise in the wedding industry.
PARTIAL WEDDING PLANNING
The “Partial Wedding Planning Package” is perfect for couples who have started to plan their wedding in Tuscany but are in need of a professional to help them finish finding the right vendors for their day. This is a wedding planning package that allows you to hand over the tedious task of scheduling appointments and following up with vendors so you don’t have to do all of the leg work of researching the right professionals yourself.
DAY OF COORDINATION
The “Day of Coordination Package” is for couples who planned it all and want a professional Wedding Day Coordinator to manage the timeline and details to ensure the day runs smoothly. With this service, you can rest assured that a professional coordinator is overseeing one of the biggest days of your life so you can relax and feel like a guest at your own wedding in Umbria or Tuscany.
ASSISTANCE FOR LEGAL PAPERWORK
The “Assistance for Legal Paperwork Package” is for couples who planned it all but are in need of a professional to help them with the process of getting legally married in Tuscany. With this service, you can forget about all the bureaucratic aspects because I’ll assist you through the entire process, including appointments at town halls and translations when needed.
The “Elopement Planning Package” is for couples who are looking for an intimate ceremony and event. The force of this service is that it can be arranged with very short notice. If you decide to get married in Tuscany or Umbria with a legal marriage I can provide witnesses as law requirements. With this service, you can plan your romantic elopement in just a few weeks relaxing and letting me do all the work on your behalf!
I can help you create the perfect ceremony for your day. Whether you decide on a religious or secular, civil or symbolic ceremony, I can help you through it all. Many couples opt for a symbolic ceremony, and do the legal paperwork in their home countries. However, don’t let the thought of official paperwork and “red tape” prevent you from your dream wedding. I have vast experience with civil (ie ‘legal’) marriages in Tuscany and can help with every step of the process.
FINDING THE PERFECT LOCATION FOR ANY CEREOMY
First think about what kind of setting you want, and then about the kinds of activities that you and your guests might enjoy. Each venue has its own unique personality and vibe.
With the seemingly endless supply of borgos, villas, gardens, wineries and agriturismos, it can seem overwhelming narrowing your choices down. (See our blog post on finding the perfect wedding venue). Through the years we’ve selected and collected many venues perfect for different needs, budgets, and styles. I have experience with venues all over Tuscany and Umbria and can find you the perfect spot for your bespoke wedding. Let us match your taste with some of the stunning settings I have in our catalog.
After making this important choice we’ll be ready to dive into all the rest of the planning with you.
MATCHING YOU WITH THE PERFECT VENDORS
Because everyone has different aspects they are drawn towards, I will help match your vision with our carefully vetted list of vendors. I will be there to listen to you and help you choose the best option for your style and budget. Together, we will create and build a mood board and blend your ideas with the natural beauty of the Tuscan landscape.
I will provide assistance with securing:
- Caterers – There is something wonderful about the tradition of Tuscan food culture. From rustic to haute cuisine, finding the perfect caterer for your events will guarantee happy guests and an amazing day to remember.
- Florist – Flowers truly are Nature’s gift. No matter if you want dreamy and romantic antique roses or whimsical wildflowers, incorporating flowers and greenery is a must for any wedding.
- Photographers – Having a professional photographer on your wedding day guarantees that the magic of the day will be captured. In addition, it will allow your guests to concentrate on you two instead of their phones! It is the perfect way to preserve these memories for the future.
- Videographers – When planning a destination wedding in Tuscany, odds are the scenery and vistas are a big part of that reason. Hiring a videographer to help capture your special day will ensure they catch moments that photographs simply cannot. And it will be an amazing heirloom for years to come.
- Hair & Make Up – Everyone dreams of looking their absolute best on their wedding day. Matching you with an aesthetic artist and scheduling a practice session so they can know your skin and hair type will guarantee perfect results.
- Entertainment and Music – I have some amazing vocalists, string ensembles, DJs and live bands at your disposal. No matter your taste and style, I can connect you with the perfect lineup for your wedding day.
- Welcome Gifts – A wonderful way to welcome your guests can be with a welcome bag full of Tuscan goodies. I can help create a gift featuring local delicacies, useful items that are often overlooked when packing or a whimsical treat to be eaten upon arrival.
- Stationary and Printing – I have a wonderful network of graphic designers and printers that can take care of all your stationary and print needs. And it can be a lot less expensive than shipping the items or bringing them with you!
- Transportation –Whether it is transportation to/ from the airport or help getting to and from the church or reception site, taking the guesswork out of transportation can be an amazing gift for friends and family.
- Other Events (ex. Pizza Party or Brunch) – A nice touch for destination weddings is hosting group meals either before or after your wedding. It gives guests a chance to mingle and get to know each other and/or talk about and share amazing stories and photos from your event.
- Activities For Your Guests – There are so many amazing things to explore and do in Tuscany, narrowing down the choices might be the hardest part. Whether you need help organizing a wine tasting or cooking class, a scenic tour or spa day, I can help! (See our blog post on how to plan Activities for Your Guests).
In conclusion, there are a lot of moving parts and pieces to planning a bespoke wedding in Tuscany, and these are just to name a few. Let Unique Events in Tuscany take some of the guesswork out of the planning process. I can help guide you, from the start to finish, in creating your dream wedding in Tuscany: contact us!